Need to access your TAMU Howdy account? Here’s a complete guide to getting started with this online campus connection portal for Texas A&M University Students.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Learn more: Affiliate Disclaimer.
Howdy is the online portal for Texas A&M students to access registration information, financial aid, billing services, records and grades, and much more.
TAMU faculty also use Howdy to access class rosters, use their Texas A&M email, eLearning, course catalogs, and more.
Whether you’re a new or current TAMU student, you’ll need to log in to your Howdy account at least a few times throughout the year.
In this guide, we’ll show you everything you need to know about how to access your TAMU Howdy account.
What Is Howdy?
Howdy is described as a comprehensive web portal for Texas A&M University students and faculty.
In this online portal, students will have access to:
- Registration information
- Records and grades
- Degree evaluations
- Financial aid
- Billing services
- TAMU email
- And many other campus sites!
You can access your Howdy account by visiting howdy.tamu.edu and entering your NetID or email address and password.
Whether you’re on on-campus student or commuter student, you’ll need access to your Howdy account for various activities related to your studies.
How Do You Set Up A TAMU Howdy Account?
In order to get started with your TAMU Howdy portal, you will need to first set up your NetID.
Your NetID is the username you will need in order to access many university resources during your time as a student.
In order to set up your TAMU NetID, you will need to do the following:
1. Go to your Aggie Account Gateway at gateway.tamu.edu and click “Claim Your NetID“.
2. Enter your Universal Identification Number (UIN) and your date of birth
3. Click “LOGIN“.
*If you receive the error “The account is already activated,” then your NetID has already been activated. If you do not remember or do not know your NetID, contact Help Desk Central at (979) 845-8300 with your UIN to recover your login information.
4. On the next page, you will enter your preferred NetID username and password.
5. Click “Submit“.
You can now go to the Howdy portal at howdy.tamu.edu and log in with your new NetID username and password.
How To Log In To TAMU Howdy
If you’re a current Texas A&M University student, you can easily log in to your Howdy account with your NetID username and password.
Here are the steps to take to log in to Howdy TAMU:
1. Visit howdy.tamu.edu from your web browser.
2. Enter your NetID username and password.
3. Click “Next“.
If you’re having trouble logging in, you can select “Forgot your password” from the login screen or visit this password reset page from the IT Self-Service desk.
How Can Parents Access The Howdy Portal?
Students may grant access to certain portions of their academic records to parents through Howdy.
Here is how students can set up an account for their parents to log in to Howdy:
- Log in to Howdy.
- Select the My Record tab.
- Click “Financial Aid, Academic Record, and Tax Forms”.
- Select “Add or Edit Access” and then click on the “Academic” box for parents to have access to their student’s schedule, grades, and enrollment verification information.
- The parent will receive an email with a token number to activate their account. This must be done within two weeks of receiving the initial email message.
- Once this is complete, the parent/guardian should be able to access Howdy within 24 hours.
Students have the ability to grant or revoke access to specific pages at any time through this same portal.
Once the parent/guardian account is set up, parents can login to their student’s Howdy account through howdy.tamu.edu.
If a parents/guardian is having issues accessing their student’s accounts, they can contact the Help Desk Central at 979.845.8300 or at [email protected].
How Can Former Students Access Their TAMU Howdy Portal?
If you attended Texas A&M University from the Fall of 1985 or later, you may use the Howdy web portal to access transcripts, duplicate diplomas, pay an active student loan, and more.
You can activate your account access by following these steps:
1. Complete the former student questionnaire to activate your University Identification Number.
2. Your University Identification Number (UIN) will be emailed to you within minutes of completing the questionnaire. If you do not receive an email, contact [email protected] from the email address to which you expect the activation email to be sent.
3. Follow the instructions in the email to activate your account.
This process must be completed within three hours of completing the former student questionnaire. If you do not complete it during this time, you will have to start over by completing the questionnaire again.
Once you gain access to Howdy, your account will remain active for six months. After that time, you will need to repeat the above steps to reactivate your account.
This post was all about navigating the TAMU Howdy portal for Texas A&M University.
Looking for more college posts? You may also like: