This post is all about the best gifts for engineering students.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Learn more: Affiliate Disclaimer.
Looking for the best gifts for engineering students? An engineering student can be hard to shop for because they’re not out on the field yet but they still may need some gear for their engineering classes. That’s why I put together this guide for the best gifts for engineering students.
Whether you’re looking for a Christmas gift, birthday gift, or just a gift to celebrate Engineer’s week, these gifts are guaranteed to make any engineering student geek out.
Here are our top picks for gifts for engineering students:
- Funniest Gift for Engineering Students: World’s Okayest Engineer T-shirt ($20)
- Best Gift for Mechanical Engineers: 3D Wooden Puzzle ($34)
- Best Gift for Electrical Engineers: Printed Circuit Board Coasters ($14)
- The Best Gift for Chemical Engineers: Chemistry Whiskey Glasses ($30)
- Best Gift for Aerospace Engineers: Levitating Moon Lamp ($118)
The Best Gifts for Engineering Students
1. Funny Engineering Shirt
- “Not everyone can be the worst or the best. It is fair to admit you may just be the okayest.” LOL
- This t-shirt is a slim fit, so make sure to size up if you want a looser fit.
- This is a great gift for guys or girls because of the unisex fit.
How hilarious is this t-shirt for engineering students? As the seller says, not everyone can be the worst or best at something. It’s okay to admit you’re just the okayest.
2. Wallet Engineering Ruler
- This amazing wallet ruler for engineers is the size of a credit card, so you can carry it around in a wallet or money clip.
- It’s full of reference info like basic science equations, unit conversions, atomic symbols, and physical constants.
- You can also use this handy tool as a ruler, protractor, or for drawing at perfect angles.
- It only costs $12, so it’s the perfect add-on gift or stocking stuffer.
This all-in-one engineering ruler is definitely one of the best gifts for engineering students. They’ll never have to look up a basic science equation, physical constant, or unit conversion ever again as long as they have this in their wallet.
It also includes a ruler, protractor, and angle drawing tools so they’ll always be equipped to take measurements or sketch a new design.
Because this gift is so affordable, you could add in a nice wallet so your engineer has something to put it in right away!
3. Printed Circuit Board Coasters
- This set of 4 coasters are designed to look like real printed circuit boards.
- The face of the coasters are made from lightweight masonite, with a glossy finish.
- The cork backing prevents your coaster from scratching surfaces.
- A set of four 4×4″ coasters costs under $14.
I absolutely love functional gifts that people will actually use. These printed circuit board coasters are the perfect gift for electrical engineers. They’ll definitely nerd out every time they have to use them.
Not only is the design incredible, but they’re made from high quality materials that will protect tables from rings and won’t scratch your surfaces.
4. 3D Printer
- The FlashForge Adventurer 3 3D Printer is the perfect gift for engineering students.
- It has a built in HD camera for remote monitoring, quick heat up nozzle, and an auto filament loading system.
- The 45 decibel noise level means that it’s quiet enough to run in a classroom, at home, or in an office.
- It can be connected by USB or WiFi.
If you really want to treat the engineering student in your life, you can’t go wrong with a 3D printer. You can make just about any small 3D objects at home with this compact printer.
Keep in mind that this isn’t a large, commercial 3D printer (those things are SO expensive). These tabletop 3D printers are better suited for hobbyists or anyone who wants to tinker with printing small items at home.
5. 3D Printing Pen
- This 3D printing pen is such a unique gift for engineering students.
- The pen has an adjustable feed which allows you to have full control over the speed and flow of the materials.
- The included large OLED display allows you to monitor the temperature of the materials. This will help you achieve a variety of effects.
Did you know you can draw in 3D? The engineering student in your life will totally geek out over this 3D Printing Pen.
Make sure you include plenty of 3D Pen PLA Filament Refills to round out this epic gift. The 3D printing pen kit includes 3 colors of ABA plastic filament, but it’s always a nice idea to include extras in your gift!
6. Math Throw Blanket
- This 100% polyester fleece blanket would be the perfect addition to any engineering student’s bed.
- The front of the blanket features edge-to-edge design sublimation printed for you when you order. The back is a plain off-white color.
- It’s machine washable which is absolutely necessary for college students!
The coziest gift on this list is this awesome math throw blanket. The print features tons of different equations and math symbols.
Don’t forget the matching math throw pillows!
7. 3D Wooden Puzzle
- Bring the engineering student in your life back to their childhood with this challenging 3D wooden puzzle.
- This fully functional wooden puzzle allows for a ball to be rolled along the track after it has been assembled.
- The wooden pieces are made from environmentally friendly wood without any added toxins, making it safe for children and adults.
The engineering student in your life will love putting together this 3D wooden puzzle.
It includes pre-cut wooden puzzle pieces that are made from environmentally-friendly wood that is not treated with any toxins. It is recommended for ages 14+ and is meant to be complex and challenging – perfect for engineers!
8. Circuit Board Card Holder
- A perfect graduation gift for engineering students.
- Each card case features a real wood veneered and precision cut surface on a stainless steel body.
- Lightweight & stores approx. 15-20 standard-sized business cards, or 4-5 thicker cards (credit cards, driver’s license, etc).
This business card holder would be the PERFECT graduation gift for computer engineering students. It’s well-made, professional looking, and beautiful.
This card holder is great for business cards or for carrying around everyday cards like credit cards or ID’s. It has room for 15-20 business cards or 4-5 thicker cards.
9. Chemistry Whiskey Glasses
- This set of two whiskey glasses are etched with chemistry diagrams. Perfect for any geeky whiskey drinkers in your life.
- Each lowball glass holds 10oz and has a heavy base, perfect for classic whiskey and bourbon cocktails.
- These glasses are dishwasher safe and have been tested to be breakage resistant.
- A set of two costs under $30.
The chemical engineering student in your life will go crazy over these chemistry whiskey glasses. They’ll probably be too busy checking out all of the chemistry diagrams to even drink their drink!
10. Nixie Tube Clock
- Made from genuine nixie tubes, this clock will impress even the nerdiest engineering student in your life.
- This clock is made from nixie tubes that have not been previously used in any other equipment.
- The motion sensors greatly prolong the life of the nixie tubes.
This nixie tube clock is one of the most impressive gifts for engineering students. It’s made from genuine vintage nixie tubes that have not previously been used in any other equipment.
The built-in motion sensors turn the nixie tubes off when no one is around. This greatly prolongs the life of the nixie tubes. If you want them on all the time, you can disable this feature.
This is definitely one of the pricier gifts for engineering students but it will definitely be their favorite present that they get this year!
11. Tesla Patent Posters
- These 8×10 prints would look amazing in any engineering student’s dorm or apartment.
- Each print showcases a unique patent from Nikola Tesla, one of the most famous scientists and engineers in history.
- This would be a great gift for any engineer, but mechanical and electrical engineers especially will geek out over these.
A super unique gift for the engineering student in your life is this set of four Tesla patent prints. Nikola Tesla is best known for his contributions to the design of the modern alternating current electricity supply system.
These prints work with any 8×10″ frames and they would make an amazing addition to an engineering student’s dorm or apartment.
12. Soldering Iron Kit
- This 14-in-one soldering iron kit comes with a soldering iron, desoldering pump, 5 multiple soldering tips, tin wire tube, soldering iron stand, tweezers, wire stripper cutter, 2 electronic wire, and a carrying case.
- Multiple safety features protect users from burns.
- Coming in at under $18, this soldering kit is an incredibly affordable gift for engineers.
Any electrical or mechanical engineering student will appreciate getting this soldering iron kit as a gift.
13. Aviator Safety Glasses
- These aviator-style safety glasses feature lenses that are coated for superior scratch resistance.
- They are great for indoor applications that require impact protection. Perfect for mechanical engineers!
- They’re only $12, which makes them a great stocking stuffer for engineering students.
These aviator safety glasses are infinitely cooler than the typical safety glasses engineering students have. Plus, the reviews say they provide good protection.
14. Piece of Meteorite
- You have the rare opportunity of owning a piece of space!
- These meteorite pieces come from a meteorite rock impact that happened around 5,000 years ago in Argentina.
- The pieces come with a certificate of ownership that is printed on renewable raw materials.
- It comes in a gift box so it’s ready to give to your favorite engineer!
Aerospace engineers will appreciate owning this genuine meteorite piece. Honestly, this would be a great gift for anyone! Who wouldn’t want the opportunity to own a piece of space?
15. Levitating Moon Lamp
- Completely wireless – this lamp is powered through electromagnetic induction.
- The 3D printed lamp is printed with a texture that imitates the moon’s surface.
- It comes with a remote control and has a variety of colors and brightness options built in.
How insanely cool is this levitating moon lamp? This levitating moon lamp is powered through electromagnetic induction, so no need for cables. It has 16 colors and you can adjust the brightness so it’s totally customizable.
16. Engineering Cheat Sheet Shirt
- This engineering cheat sheet shirt is covered in equations, formulas, and engineering concepts.
- It is made of 99% cotton and 1% polyester so it’s easy to care for and wash.
- The T-shirt comes in unisex sizing so it’s perfect for male and female engineers.
Show off your love of engineering with this amazing engineering cheat sheet t-shirt. It’s covered in engineering equations, concepts, and elements.
17. Arduino Robotics Kit
- This robotics kit is the perfect gift for electrical engineering students.
- It is compatible with Arduino and Mixly and contains everything you need to create a programmable robot.
- The kit has excellent reviews from beginners and more experienced engineers.
This Arduino-compatible tank robot car kit is a super unique gift for electronics engineering students. It’s advertised as the perfect gift for Arduino beginners because of the easy-to-understand instructions, while still providing a challenge.
It contains a control board, two motors, two tracks, a photocell sensor, an ultrasonic module, an infrared receiver module, an 8*16 LED panel and a Bluetooth module. The kit is compatible with Arduino and Mixly.
18. Rocket Desk Organizer
- This rocket desk organizer would look great on any engineer’s desk.
- There’s room inside to store desk items such as pencils, pens, and rulers.
- The rocket is made out of natural cork material so you can pin reminders or to-do lists on the outside.
- It measures 3″ L x 3″ W x 11″ H so it’s the perfect size to fit on a desk.
How cool is this rocket desk organizer for aerospace engineering students? Not only can you store desk essentials inside of it, but you can also pin reminders to the outside because it’s made out of a natural cork material.
19. Engineer’s Field Bag
- The Engineer’s Field Bag is made from 1000d nylon fabric – a lightweight, durable material.
- The strap is adjustable and detachable for maximum comfort.
- There are several compartments for your laptop, office essentials, etc.
- This high quality bag is only $25 on Amazon!
If your engineer will be out on the field a lot, they’ll really appreciate getting this rugged messenger bag. It has room for a laptop, tools, gadgets, water bottles, etc. Your favorite engineering student will love carrying this bag around to class or on the field.
This post was all about great gift ideas for engineering students.
Looking for more gift guides?